Welcome to Friday Find. We plan to post our favorite link, recipe, renovation, tool and everything in between that must be shared!
This week we found a fantastic recipe from cooking light magazine.
Alex and I love pizza but understand the impact to our waist lines. Luckily we found some great recipes and started making pizza ourselves! For our wedding we received the Williams and Sonoma pizza pan crisper and it is a life changer! We have used this pan frequently and the results are perfect, crust texture is consistently the right amount of crunch without burn and the cheese is the perfect amount of warm and gooey you would experience from a restaurant.
I found this recipe in cooking light over the summer and it has been a consistent go to. In addition to the listed ingredients we also added some reduced fat mozzarella to the ricotta and turkey bacon rather than regular bacon. There would be no sharing if regular bacon was used!
1. Place dough on counter at room temperature; cover to prevent drying.
2. Preheat broiler to high.
3. Microwave broccoli according to package directions. Carefully open bag; cool slightly. Halve or quarter larger florets.
4. Cook bacon in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until crisp; remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add broccoli to drippings in pan; toss well to coat. Remove broccoli from pan.
5. Place cheeses and garlic in a bowl; stir to combine (mixture will be thick).
6. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Roll dough into a 10 1/2-inch circle. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove pan from heat. Fit dough into pan, pressing slightly up sides of pan. Spread cheese mixture evenly over dough. Return pan to medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes or until browned on bottom. Place pan in oven; broil 2 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Top pizza with broccoli mixture; broil 1 minute. Remove pan from oven; sprinkle bacon over top. Cut into 8 wedges.