There’s nothing better than enjoying a burger or afternoon with a plate of salty and crunchy fries. We try to stay healthy and order sweet potato fries and even attempted to make them ourselves. However when cooked in the oven the fries tend to get soggy or limp. Then finally on Pinterest we found the perfect sweet potato fry recipe from La Kocinera. By mixing the fries with cornstarch and healthy olive oil the outside of the fries gets nice and crispy. Yum! See below for full recipe details.
No Fry Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place aluminum foil on baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray.
- Clean and peel sweet potatoes, then cut in half length wise and proceed by cutting into thick rectangular shapes similar to steak fries.
- Place half of fries in gallon zip lock back with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix the fries then add 1 tbsp cornstarch and mix again.
- Place fries on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Ensure the fries have enough space between them to ensure they get cripsy.
- Bake 15 minutes then flip and bake another 5 – 10 minutes depending on your preference for crispiness. When finished remove from oven and repeat other batch of fries following same steps as before. Enjoy with a side of ketchup!